Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wedding Card


I was recently contacted throught Etsy about doing wedding invites for a couple in Italy. I was asked to look at some pictures they had posted online and come up with some ideas from there. They had a beautiful picture of red poppies that inspired this card.
I submitted 3 cards for them to look at, but this was my favorite. To be honest, I was quite intimidated at the prospect of doing 130 of the same card (that's a lot of repetition), and having them be wedding invites at that (don't want to mess anything up). So, I wasn't terribly disappointed when they told me that had found their invite elsewhere. I was glad that they asked me to try though.
The flower bud is stamped on watercolor paper, cut out and applied to the card with a dimensional. I applied it slightly off, to give the flower even more fullness.
Here's a close-up of the flower:
All supplies SU:
Sets: French Script, Bloomin' Beautiful
Ink: Red riding hood, tangerine tango, olive
Cardstock: White, red riding hood, olive
And that is the story of my 15 seconds of fame :)

1 comment:

Michelle Pearson said...

pretty card! 130 is a pile! I just did 27 custom Wedding Anniversary Invitations....and they were *quite* detailed. I'm on to 45ish Truffle Boxes for the dinner next! Fun, but definately a *project!* :)