Monday, April 27, 2009

Technostampers Monday Challenge

It's time for another one of Mary Jo's great sketches. You can see all the details on play along on her blog.

I see that I forgot to round the corners of my top layer, but I guess that's minor.
I stamped my focal image on the cut out circle, but when I layed it on the designer paper, it got lost in the print. I thought I would try cracked glass to make it stand out a little more.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this technique, you heat emboss clear embossing powder on your image. If you are not using UTEE (ultra-thick embossing powder) you need to melt multiple layers so you have a nice, thick coating over your image. Then you stick it in the freezer for a few minutes. This hardens the embossing powder up. Take your image out of the freezer and lightly bend it to crack the embossing powder, or "glass."
Here's the card (finished size 5 1/2 square):
All supplies SU:
Set: Garden Silhouettes
Cardstock: White, old olive, bella rose dsp, chocolate chip
Ink: Pretty in pink, old olive, rose red
Have a great Monday!
Don't forget to add your card to Mary Jo's blog if you use the sketch, so everyone can see it!

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love the cracked glass effect on this! Gorgeous card.

MJ said...

wow, love the cracked glass technique. That is so pretty. Don't you just love how great our colors and papers coordinate! Thanks for playing along!