Friday, April 10, 2009

Un-Spotlighted


I had so much fun watercoloring the rose from Fifth Avenue Floral in the post below, that I made another one. Only this time, I didn't spotlight, I watercolored the whole thing.
It's just starting to warm up here in Wisconsin, and I see that some of our rose bushes are barely starting to sprout out. I get so excited to see color outside this time of year.
The rose is stamped on watercolor paper, and colored with re-inkers. I always start with the lightest color (0ften I wash the entire image with a gold or light yellow), and then work up to the darker colors. The last step is to add accents of dark color for shading and depth.
All supplies SU:
Set: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Staz-on, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Red Riding Hood
Cardstock: Vanilla, Red Riding Hood, Black, Bella Rose DSP, Watercolor paper

No comments: