Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spotlighting


I was gone most of the day today, but took a few minutes when I got home to make a card. The layout is todays SCS Sketch Challenge, and I knew right away it would be a perfect layout for a technique called spotlighting.
For this technique, you only color part of an image, to really spotlight it. I really love watercoloring this rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral set. There are so many different color combinations you can use with it.
I textured the Kiwi Kiss with the distressed texture plate. I actually did it twice, turning it 90 degrees for the 2nd run-through.
All Supplies SU:
Set: Fifth Ave Floral
Cardstock: Vanilla, Watercolor Paper, Kiwi Kiss, Black, Bella Rosa DSP
Ink: Red Riding Hood, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss
Kiwi/Vanilla Satin Ribbon

No comments: