Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Leaves


Don't you just love it when you see something, and think,
"I can use that to make (blank-whatever your craft is)!" Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but often I see a pattern on someones clothes, or a picture or something and think..."That would make a great card."

The cards don't always turn out the way I have it visualized, but the process is always fun!

I think you know by now, that I love fall. I love the crips air, the crisp smells, the (usually) beautiful weather, and the wonderful blend of colors!

Walking with the dogs recently, I was enjoying all the beautiful leaves. They are almost at their peak color around here. Reds, oranges, yellows, and touches of green! I love the way some leaves have all of these colors togther too.

So it was the leaves that inspired this cards. This leaf was watercolored on watercolor paper (that's thicker than normal cardstock and can absorb more water). I only taped down the center of the leaf, and lightly curled up the edges so it looks like it's ready to blow away.




No comments: