Sunday, October 25, 2009

Highlighting

This is the time of year that DH is gone some. I take advantage of that time to make my own personal cards that I will need for next years occasions. I have a list of what, and who, I need cards for, and I keep them in a card box for when they are needed. That way, I'm not scrambling to make a card at the last minute. I'll be using this card for Father's Day.


I used Mary Jo's Technostamper Monday Sketch for the layout. Make sure and check out her blog for the sketch and details.
The Highlighting technique makes a detailed stamp easy to work with. This stamp has a lot of fine lined detail, so to color the entire image, it would take patience and time. By highlighting just a small area with color, you still get the "pop" that color brings, but it doesn't take as long.
The image is first stamped on the piece of paper that you will be using on the card. I then stamped in on second piece of paper, and colored in the area that Iwanted highlighted. I wanted the color to be vibrant, so I used stamp pad refills for the ink, along with a blender pen.
The area that had been colored was then punched out with a circle punch. You line it up with your uncolored image and adhere it in place. You can also put a small layer behind your highlighted area if you want to seperate it a little more, but this time, I wanted it to blend right in with the main image.
Here's a close up of the Highlighting:




Give it a try sometime. It's a fun technique!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Very cool! I always liked this technique. Great for this detailed stamp. Thanks so much for playing along. I forgot to add it to the post but I added it to Mr. Linky. Sorry about that.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, the highlighting is perfect with the image you used!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....