Sunday, August 9, 2009

Monday Sketch Challenge


Technostamper comes through again, with a great, inspiring sketch! Make sure you check out her blog, as she posts a new sketch each Monday, and has some wonderful cards to share as well!
When I saw this sketch, I couldn't quite figure out what to do with the two background squares. I wanted something subtle, so they didn't take over the card, but yet not entirely boring. This patterned paper worked perfectly. The flower pattern is very light, yet it shows up enough to give the card some extra life.
The two butterflies, and the dragonfly were stamped with Staz-on ink on watercolor paper. I watercolored them with re-inkers, then cut them out and adhered them with foam dots. Bugs really can be beautiful :)
Sets: Touch of Nature (butterfly)
Botanicals (butterfly)
Organic Grace (dragonfly)
On Your Birthday (sentiment)
Patterned Paper: Urban Oasis
Colors: Kiwi Kiss, baja breeze, not quit navy

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful! I love the butterflies & dragonfly. They are gorgeous.

MJ said...

This is so pretty, I love the butterflies too. Great use of that dp too. Thanks for playing along.