Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things




I made few cards last week, and this one is my favorite. First, I love flowers and especially roses. They come in such a wide variety of hues and colors, and they smell wonderful! I really like the layout of this card too. I'm very linear. I love square corners, straight lines, everything lined up nice and neat, and there is lots of that going on in this card, but the roses just soften the whole thing.




The roses are done on the shimmery white paper. I wonder if anyone has come up with a name for that technique yet? It sure is fun, and has such a Wow factor to it!
Here's a close up of the roses:
Since I named this post, let me list a few more: chocolate (of course), (good) coffee--there is a difference, reds, blues, warm (not hot) summer days, stamping (of course, again). I'll stop there before I put you to sleep :)


All supplies SU:
Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Natural Beauty
Cardstock: white, black, ruby red, old olive, raspberrry tart dsp, shimmery white
Ink: ruby red, summer sun, pixi pink

1 comment:

Michelle Pearson said...

very pretty Michelle....I like your roses!