Monday, November 23, 2009

TSSC97--Sort of


I think I should just call this day "Mary Jo Monday," since most of my Monday posts are inspired by her wonderful sketches. (Check out her blog for all the details.)
I didn't follow this sketch exactly, just sort of, kind of. I think she wanted the card to be square, but since I'm posting it in my Etsy shop, and a rectangular card is easier to mail, I didn't do square.
I followed the layer and the rounded corners, up until you get to the focal image. Then there was supposed to be another rectangle. I was planning on putting the snowflakes down in a vertical line, but they looked better "blowing" across the card. So that's that. :)
You can't tell from this picture, but the snowflakes are sparkly too, with dazzling diamonds embossing powder.
I'm not sure if I will get anything else posted this week, since Thanksgiving dinner is at my house.
Have a wonderful week, and great Thanksgiving day! Eat lots...I know I will!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Well, isn't this beautiful! I really love how you have the swirls behind the snowflakes, makes them look like they are moving. Great job. Thanks for playing along.

Selene Kempton said...

Beautiful layout! Happy Thanksgiving.