Thursday, March 26, 2009

Splitcoast Sketch Challenge


I've been seeing this more and more lately, and thought I would try it. What you ask? Layering a textured piece of white cardstock on another piece of white cardstock. Wow! Does it ever make your main image pop! I love it.


Although this stamp set has long since retired, I still really like the images. I'm glad I pulled it out today, as I think it works well with this layout.

The butterflies were stamped on watercolor paper, and then watercolored with re-inkers. If you plan on using lots of color/water, watercolor paper is by far the best option, as it soaks up the moisture without shedding or curling.

Here's the sketch from Splitcoast that I used for this card:




All supplies Stampin Up!

Sets: Natural Beauty, It's Your Birthday

Cardstock: White, Kiwi Kiss, Red Riding Hood, Bella Rosa DSP, Watercolor Paper

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Red Riding Hood, Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango

Accessories: Damask Texture Plate


No comments: